Friday, July 29, 2011

P-A-L-M-O-R-E

As a newlywed I am getting used to a new name and that involves spelling it for people a whole lot.  Married life is amazing - so cliche but true. After dating for 5 years, it's amazing how natural and easy sharing our lives together feels already. After a honeymoon to NYC we are back in the hometown getting back to the daily grind. That - on the other hand - has not felt natural or easy. But it had to come at some point and it is nice to figure out our routine together.

As part of being a newlywed couple, we are starting a supper club with 2 of our other newlywed couple friends. We will each take turns hosting the other 2 couples on a weekly basis - or at least that's the plan for now. So next thursday night we begin the Supper Club and Justin and I will host the first round. I am so excited to use my new everyday china and serve ware. I love to entertain. The challenging part will be in our shoebox of an apartment!

And as part of being a new wife, I have been cooking dinner as many nights as I can. I am LOVING that I actually have someone to cook for other than myself. We've had pork chops, chicken tetrazzini (recipe coming soon!), spaghetti and blackened tilapia greek salad. I also made a chicken salad with apples, walnuts and greek yogurt which has been amazing for lunch the past few days.

As best as I can tell, married life is absolutely wonderful. I have an amazing husband who loves me and supports me and we have an absolute blast together.

First Dance - "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton

No comments:

Post a Comment